Free Moving Estimate
One Month Prior To The Move
- Create a list of all the items that need to be moved. Determine if our professionals will be packing, disassembling and loading your belongings.
- Call Crescent Movers and reserve your requested move date. If you are moving in the summer, you may want to call Crescent Movers 1-2 months in advance to ensure availability on your desired date.
- Call one of our moving specialists to obtain a FREE quote.
- Save the phone number and the link to our site in case you have any future questions or need to double check your reservation.
- If you live or will be living in an elevator building, be sure to reserve a time slot at the pick-up and/or the drop-off location. It is advisable to book your movers in the morning if you have an elevator.
- Go to one of the USPS offices to change your address. It can take three weeks to process. You can also do it online.
- Contact any services you are currently using and inform them of your change of address:
- Utilities: Electric, gas, water, telephone, Internet, trash, cable/satellite, home security Personal: Cell phone, pharmacy, lawn service, banks/finance, credit card, auto finance, health club, baby sitter
- Professional: Doctor, dentist, accountant, lawyer, broker, insurance agency Government: Dept. of Motor Vehicles, Social Security Administration, state/federal tax bureaus, city/county tax assessor, Veterans Administration.
- Publications: Newspapers, magazines, newsletters, professional journals
Two Weeks Prior To The Move
- If the location permits, have a garage sale for all unwanted items. You may also donate your items to a local charitable organization.
- Clean your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator from all unwanted grocery items.
- Make arrangements for pet boarding on the move day, if needed. Petsmart offers boarding services, for more information check out the Petsmart Petshotel.
- If necessary, set up an appointment with a technician to disconnect any appliances such as refrigerator, stove and microwave.
One Week Prior To The Move
- For the most efficient move, pack everything you won’t use for the next week, disassemble any furniture, and place things near the entrance. Keep in mind that our movers are also specialized in packing and disassembling, should you need help.
- Remove fragile and loose items from drawers and pack carefully in small moving boxes or advise your movers to pack these items separately.
- Fragile items need to be wrapped in paper and have bubble wrap inside the box.
- Mark or name every box so our movers know where to place them upon delivery. Additionally, mark all the boxes you do not want moved or set them aside, away from everything else.
One Day Prior To The Move
- Place fragile items aside from everything else. When the movers arrive, point out those items to ensure the most cautious transport.
- Let our movers know which items in the location are NOT coming along for the trip.
- Place valuable items aside. We advise all customers to carry their jewelry, small electronics, checkbook, house/car keys, passports, cash, credit/debit cards and prescription medications. We suggest that items like these should travel with our customer on move day.
- Disconnect any electronics, appliances, and equipment
The Day Of The Move
- One of our representatives will contact you to inform you that our movers have arrived. Please be sure to be at the premises two hours prior to the movers’ arrival. Also, have your schedule open for two hours after the estimated time of completion of your move in case it runs long.
- Be sure to supervise the movers throughout the loading to ensure everything is loaded into the truck.
- Once the movers have loaded everything, make one last walk-through of the premises. Check for any items in the storage, garage, lockers, cabinets and closets. In addition, be sure to turn off light switches, water and furnace. Close any windows, and if applicable, leave the old keys.
The Day Of Delivery
- We strongly advice that you supervise the unloading of your items. Make sure there are no damages and nothing is left behind.
- Our movers can also assist you with any furniture rearrangement. However, we do not install any appliances and electronics.
- Once the move has been completed, please sign the documents and keep them for your records.
- If you have any questions after your move, contact our representatives.
Alex and his team at Crescent Movers were GREAT! From my first phone call with them, to my free in-house quote, to the actual move (from Illinois to Michigan), they were friendly, fast, efficient and affordable. They loaded up all of our belongings from our 1,000 sq. ft. apartment in only 3 hours! They unloaded quickly too. These guys know what they’re doing – and they do it with excellence. I would recommend them to anyone.